It’s that time of year for catching colds and flu…
and even though I have been taking the best precautions, one of those little viruses managed to get me with my guard down! I have a chest cold. 😦 What can you do? It happens to the best of us, right?
Today I decided to listen to my body and stay home to get some rest, so I could fight this thing and be in better shape to work with my students tomorrow. Let’s face it, working with active kids takes a lot of energy. It was a good choice. I took my medicine and laid low. And I enjoyed the “comforts of a Sick Day”. Here are my top five:
1. Being able to take a Sick Day. I have to recognize that first, because I know that not everyone is able to do that. So that is a big comfort to me.
2. Roku and Netflix. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on episodes of my favorite shows. I just finished the House of Cards Trilogy and I caught an episode of Downton Abbey. So much to watch, so little time…
3. Finishing the last 20 pages of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson. My husband and I were reading the Millennium Trilogy together and he’s been waiting for me to finish so we can watch the movie version together on Netflix (See comfort #2). I’ll get the popcorn, Honey!
4. Spending time with my dear feline friend, Charcoal, who was curled up at my feet as I sat with my legs across the sofa. He is a constant companion.
5. Solitude. It was a comfort and a pleasure to have a peaceful, quiet day to rest, relax, and move about slowly. Just what I needed!
Sending you get well wishes. Lovely post. Good for you for taking a ‘sick day’ and taking care of YOU. Have a nice weekend. 🙂
Thanks so much! I am feeling a lot better – I think the sick day helped me a lot. Getting that kind of rest is just what I needed. Hope you have a good one, too!
You are so welcome. I am happy to hear you are feeling much better. 🙂